- The right to a positive learning environment: Everyone has the responsibility and the right to learn, and no one has the right to interfere with the learning of others. Students have the obligation to be prepared to learn. This includes being as school regularly and on time and completing assignments.
- The right to be respected: Teachers' and students' dignity, welfare,and material possessions shall be respected.
- The right to learn in a safe environment: Fighting, threatening behavior, and possession of any type of weapon will not be tolerated. Drugs, tobacco, and alcohol are not allowed in school.
Good behavior will be recognized with special recognition and privileges. If you choose to ignore behavior expectations, there will be consequences for your behavior. If students choose to ignore behavior expectations, teachers will...
- Work with students to modify behaviors.
- Contact parents and counselors.
- Meet with students, parents, counselors, and administrators to develop behavior plans.If misbehavior continues, or in cases of serious infractions, the student will be referred to the administration. (please see the Parent/Student Handbook 2009-2010 for full explanations and definitions)
At a Glance
- School Mascot: Eagles
- Students: 485
- Teachers: 36
- Support Staff: 13
The mission of Durango School District 9-R, an innovative educational system committed to excellence, is to ensure each student develops the skills and attributes for lifelong learning and has the ability to compete and contribute in the global community, by guaranteeing equitable educational opportunities in a safe and healthy environment.